Issued 10:00 AM ADT 02 June 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 early this evening then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind increasing to northeast 20 to 25 Saturday morning and to northeast 25 to 30 Saturday afternoon.
Showers Saturday morning and afternoon changing to rain. Fog patches dissipating overnight.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 02 June 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday. Seas 1 metre or less building to 1 to 2 late overnight and to 2 to 3 Saturday afternoon.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 02 June 2023
Sunday Wind northeast 25 to 30 knots.
Monday Wind northeast 25 to 30 knots.
Tuesday Wind northwest 15 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 1 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5359W to 4610N 5300W to 4650N 4700W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5745N 5250W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 2 June 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the southern Gulf of
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located south of Nova Scotia.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching ridge located over the
northern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:50 AM ADT 2 June 2023 A trough of low pressure will track south across Nova Scotia today.
In its wake a strong to gale force northeast flow will develop.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Gulf - Magdalen and Anticosti - southeastern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: