Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 22 March 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 near noon then becoming northwest 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to southeast 15 near noon Thursday. Wind increasing to east 25 Thursday evening.
Snow Thursday afternoon and evening changing to rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
High today plus 5. Low tonight minus 3. High Thursday plus 3.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 22 March 2023
Friday Wind westerly 25 knots.
Saturday Wind north 20 knots veering to easterly 15 to 20.
Sunday Wind easterly 35 knots diminishing to northeast 30.
Issued 7:13 AM EDT 22 March 2023 Today Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 7:13 AM EDT 22 March 2023 Today
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 22 March 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the eastern Marine
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing trough located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday approaching trough located over the
Gulf of Maine.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Quebec to New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located from Labrador to Laurentian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:50 AM ADT 22 March 2023 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: