Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 27 March 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots becoming light this evening. Wind light Tuesday.
Low tonight minus 2. High Tuesday plus 3.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 27 March 2023
Wednesday Wind light.
Thursday Wind southwest 20 knots increasing to northwest 30.
Friday Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 27 March 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the western Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday weakening ridge located from New Brunswick
to Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low located southwest of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low located south of Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: