Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 21 March 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 knots veering to northwest 15 late overnight then becoming variable 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Low tonight minus 1. High Wednesday plus 4.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 21 March 2023
Thursday Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 in the afternoon then veering to southwest 25 late in the day.
Friday Wind west 25 knots.
Saturday Wind north 15 to 20 knots veering to easterly 15 to 20.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 21 March 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the southern Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing ridge located over Laurentian
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over New Brunswick.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located east of Cape
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:33 PM ADT 21 March 2023 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: