Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 30 September 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly 25 knots with gusts to 35 veering to southwest 20 near midnight then diminishing to southwest 15 late overnight. Wind southwest 15 Thursday.
Showers and fog patches ending this evening.
Low tonight plus 14. High Thursday plus 19.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 8:00 PM ADT 30 September 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 30 September 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary high located east of
the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight intensifying low 974 mb located over
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday departing low 962 mb located northeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:47 PM ADT 30 September 2020 Strong to gale force southerly winds ahead of an intensifying low
pressure tracking across Labrador will shift to the southwest and
diminish later tonight as the low pulls away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: