Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 October 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming southwest 10 to 15 knots this morning then becoming light near midnight. Wind becoming northeast 15 Sunday morning then backing to north 15 Sunday afternoon. Wind increasing to north 20 Sunday evening.
Temperatures plus 11 rising to plus 17 this afternoon then falling to plus 10 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 03:00 AM ADT 01 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 1 October 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from the Gulf of Maine to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday departing ridge located over Laurentian Fan.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located south of Cape Cod.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday trough located south of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 AM ADT 1 October 2022 A trough of low pressure south of Cape Cod this afternoon will move
eastward, south of the marine district, tonight and Sunday. Strong
northeasterlies will develop over southwestern waters tonight and
will increase to gale force on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope -
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: