Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 July 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light becoming southerly 10 to 15 knots this afternoon then veering to southwest 10 to 15 this evening with gusts to 20 in the Approaches Saturday afternoon and evening.
Fog patches forming overnight and dissipating Saturday morning.
High today plus 21. Low tonight plus 16. High Saturday plus 25.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 19 July 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Maritimes.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located from the Gulf of
St. Lawrence to Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching cold front located over
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: