Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 01 April 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to northwest 20 near noon Sunday.
Rain ending after midnight. Fog patches dissipating near noon Sunday.
Temperatures plus 4 falling to zero Sunday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 01 April 2023
Monday Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light in the morning then increasing to southwest 20 late in the day.
Tuesday Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to light.
Wednesday Wind easterly 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 1 April 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 988 mb located near the St. Lawrence
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 984 mb located east of the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:51 PM ADT 1 April 2023 A low pressure system will cross New Brunswick tonight to lie east of
the Gulf of St. Lawrence Sunday morning. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies developing ahead of the low shift to gale to storm
force southwesterlies south of it. Winds will shift to strong to gale
force northwesterlies in the wake of the low on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Georges Bank - southern half. Gale warnings are in effect for all
remaining waters except Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher and
Northumberland Strait. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for
Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: