Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:30 PM AST 16 November 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 this evening then veering to north 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming light Sunday morning then becoming southeast 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 November 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4555N 6155W to 4840N 6045W
to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 16 November 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located east of the Marine District.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday approaching low 998 mb located off Cape
By 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday building ridge located over southern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:05 PM AST 16 November 2019 Gale to storm force westerlies will continue in the wake of a trough
departing the region this evening. Winds will diminish over most
waters tonight and Sunday as a ridge of high pressure builds over the
Late on Sunday, a low pressure system near Cape Hatteras will begin
to move up the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. Strong to gale force easterlies
will develop Sunday afternoon and evening over southwestern waters as
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half. Gale warnings are in effect for Georges
Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore - eastern half, Sable -
eastern half, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian
Fan, Cabot Strait - southern half, Northumberland Strait, Gulf -
Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou, and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: