Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 24 September 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light after midnight then becoming south 15 Tuesday evening.
Low tonight plus 8. High Tuesday plus 14.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 24 September 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today high 1038 mb located from Quebec to Maine.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday high 1038 mb located near Sable Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:10 PM ADT 24 September 2018 A cool northerly flow will bring a risk of waterspouts development
over the southeastern half of Gulf Magdalen late this afternoon and
Tropical cyclone information: as of 12:00 P.M. ADT subtropical storm
Leslie was located in the central Atlantic near 32.5 north 48.0 west.
Leslie has maximum sustained winds of 35 knots and is currently
moving toward the east at 4 knots. Leslie is not expected to have any
impact on Canadian territory.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: