Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 05 August 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming southeast 10 to 15 knots this morning then veering to southwest 10 to 15 near noon. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this evening. Wind southwest 15 to 20 Friday.
Showers beginning this morning with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming near noon.
Temperatures near plus 19.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 5 August 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1007 mb located over northern Ontario.
By 8:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 1000 mb located over Labrador.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: