Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 29 September 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind light tonight and Friday.
Low tonight plus 11. High Friday plus 17.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 29 September 2022
Saturday Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots.
Sunday Wind northeast 25 knots.
Monday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022 Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 30 September 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today building ridge located over New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located from the
Gulf of Maine to Laurentian Fan.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located near the St. Lawrence
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located over the southern Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 30 September 2022 At 12 AM ADT hurricane Ian was located near 30.2 north, 79.3 west
about 160 nautical miles south of Charleston South Carolina. Maximum
sustained winds were 75 knots and the central pressure was 984 MB.
Ian was moving north-northeast at 9 knots.
There will be no direct impacts on Canadian territory.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: