Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 24 June 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming southwest 15 knots this morning then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 15 Monday morning and to north 20 Monday afternoon.
Showers or drizzle ending this afternoon. Periods of rain and fog patches beginning Monday morning. Fog patches dissipating this evening.
Temperatures plus 10 rising to plus 16 this afternoon then falling to plus 11 Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 03:00 AM ADT 24 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 24 June 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the northern Gulf of
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight merging trough located over Banquereau.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday low 1007 mb located over the southwestern
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday low 1004 mb located over East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: