Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 24 March 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind north 20 to 25 knots veering to northeast 25 to 30 this evening. Wind northeast 25 to 30 Sunday.
A few flurries ending near noon Sunday.
Temperatures plus 3 falling to minus 2 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4540N 5915W
to 4730N 6000W to 4715N 5905W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 24 March 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary trough located south of
the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over northern Ontario.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:23 PM ADT 24 March 2018 A trough of low pressure oriented northeast to southwest will
Remain nearly stationary south of the marine district tonight
And Sunday. Meanwhile a ridge of high pressure will slowly
Approach the Maritimes from the northwest to lie over central
Quebec on Sunday. Generally strong to gale force northeasterlies
Are expected between these two features.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope,
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half and Anticosti-southeastern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Northumberland Strait,
Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: