Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 30 March 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeasterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeasterly 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind northeasterly 15 to 20 tonight and Tuesday.
High today plus 4. Low tonight minus 2. High Tuesday plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Anticosti Island to
East Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday dissipating ridge located over the Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1007 mb located southeast of Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 994 mb located south of East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:13 AM ADT 30 March 2020 A low pressure system southeast of Cape Cod will move to lie
South of East Scotian Slope by Tuesday evening. Strong to
Gale force east to northeast winds are expected ahead and north
Of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, LaHave Bank and West Scotian
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: