Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 23 September 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots with gusts to 25 in the Approaches late this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind southwest 10 to 15 Tuesday.
Showers beginning Tuesday morning. Fog patches forming Tuesday afternoon.
Low tonight plus 16. High Tuesday plus 21.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 September 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Anticosti Island.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line east-west over
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 1002 mb located over southern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 1005 mb located over southern Maine.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: