Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:04 AM ADT 28 September 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 this morning then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light overnight then becoming northeast 15 Wednesday morning.
Scattered showers beginning this morning changing to rain and fog patches this evening with a risk of thunderstorms then to scattered showers Wednesday morning.
Temperatures near plus 17.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 28 September 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from Anticosti Island to
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary trough located from
Newfoundland to the Gulf of Maine.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday approaching low 1007 mb located south
of Nova Scotia.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: