Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
Issued 08:00 PM NST 21 January 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to southwest 15 this evening then increasing to southwest 25 Wednesday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray ending this evening. Freezing spray beginning Wednesday evening.
Temperatures minus 16 to minus 8 rising to minus 5 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5020N 5805W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
Open water except 9 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey ice along
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 8:00 PM NST 21 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 21 January 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over the southern Grand
By 3:30 p.m. NST Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located over Funk Island Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday departing trough located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. NST Wednesday approaching low 1013 mb located southwest
of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM NST 21 January 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, Northeast Coast, Belle
Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: