Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 17 August 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Saturday morning.
Showers beginning near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 16 August 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5246W to 4530N 4700W to 4530N 4515W to 4700N 4515W to 5100N
4800W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5156N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 17 August 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the East Coast of Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located southeast of
the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line east-west over the
Quebec Lower North Shore.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Avalon Peninsula.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM NDT 17 August 2018 At 12:30 AM NDT, subtropical storm Ernesto was located near
Latitude 44.1 north and longitude 38.9.0 west. Ernesto has maximum
sustained winds of 40 knots and is moving northeastward at about 19
knots with a minimum central pressure of 1007 MB.
This will be the final update on the position of Ernesto.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: