Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 18 June 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 30 knots increasing to south 35 this afternoon and locally gusts to 45 along the coast. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 after midnight then becoming variable 15 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Rain. Fog banks forming this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 June 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4706N 5508W to 4615N 5330W to 4500N 4700W to 4515N 4530W to 4800N
4500W to 5700N 5100W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6023W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5810W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 10:00 AM NDT 18 June 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 18 June 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line north-south
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:53 AM NDT 18 June 2018 A trough of low pressure over Quebec will track eastward and cross
the marine district on Tuesday. A number of weak low pressure centres
within the trough will merge into one low off the Labrador coast by
Tuesday morning. Strong to gale force southerlies will spread across
the district tonight into Tuesday ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf - Port au Port, Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast, Funk
Island Bank, and Northern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: