Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 16 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming northeast 15 knots Wednesday afternoon.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 16 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday. Seas 1 metre or less.
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 16 August 2022
Thursday Wind east 15 to 20 knots.
Friday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20.
Saturday Wind west 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022 Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 15 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5247W to 5150N 4820W to 5555N 5045W to 5700N 5330W to 5850N
5550W to 5945N 5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5842W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5720W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 16 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Funk Island Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today dissipating trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the northern Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today approaching trough located southwest of
the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: