Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 23 September 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 knots with gusts to 45 along the Newfoundland coast early this morning. Wind becoming southeast 25 this morning with gusts to 45 along the Newfoundland coast today. Wind becoming west 35 this evening then diminishing to west 25 overnight. Wind west 25 Thursday.
Rain and fog patches ending Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 22 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5617W to 5100N 4930W to 5400N 4900W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N
5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5120N 5636W to the Labrador coast near 5133N 5648W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 03:00 AM NDT 23 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:04 AM NDT 23 September 2020 Today At 3:00 a.m. NDT today Post-tropical Storm Teddy 957 mb located
at 43.4N 63.5W.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday Post-tropical Storm Teddy 978 mb located
at 51.8N 56.6W.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today departing ridge located east of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:09 AM NDT 23 September 2020 Post-tropical storm Teddy, currently south of Halifax, will track
northeastwards to cross Cape Breton this morning before tracking
along the west coast of Newfoundland tonight. Gale force east to
southerlies over Southern Newfoundland waters will spread to most
remaining waters today. Gale to storm force southerlies are expected
over the Southwest Coast this afternoon and evening as Teddy passes
just to the west.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Southwest Coast. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters
except Strait of Belle Isle and Northeast Gulf.
Marine interests are also advised that a high water level warning is
in effect for Southwest Coast.
Large waves and pounding surf, especially along the South Coast of
Newfoundland from the Burin Peninsula to Port aux Basques can be
expected to continue into Wednesday evening.
At 3:00 A.M. NDT, post-tropical storm Teddy was located near
Latitude 43.4 north and longitude 63.5 west, about 74 nautical miles
south of Halifax. Maximum sustained winds were estimated at 65 knots
and central pressure at 957 MB. Teddy is moving north-northeast at 18
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: