Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 04 June 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots veering to southwest 10 to 15 this afternoon then increasing to southwest 20 near midnight. Wind southwest 20 Friday.
Showers ending this morning. Showers tonight. Fog patches dissipating Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:10 PM EDT 3 June 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4704N 5508W to 4540N 5245W to 4430N 4715W to 4455N 4525W to 4730N
4350W to 4940N 4420W to 5500N 5000W to 5800N 5500W to 6100N 5800W to
6200N 5630W to 5750N 4900W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 4 June 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 987 mb located over western Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 993 mb located over northern Quebec.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over Banquereau.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located northeast of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM NDT 4 June 2020 A trough of low pressure over Banquereau will move to lie east of the
marine district tonight. Strong to gale force southerly winds are
forecast ahead of the trough today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Coast, East Coast and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: