Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 24 September 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots veering to east 25 this evening with gusts to 35 along the Newfoundland coast Wednesday morning and afternoon.
Showers and fog patches beginning this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 September 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5049N 5600W to 5030N 5530W to 5100N 4900W to 5230N 4900W to 5700N
5500W to 6100N 5800W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5124N 5709W to Newfoundland near 5104N 5652W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 24 September 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 975 mb located southeast of Labrador Sea.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 979 mb located southeast
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today cold front from low located over the East
Coast of Newfoundland.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing cold front from low located over
the northern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today approaching trough located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM NDT 24 September 2019 A low pressure system southeast of the Labrador Sea will continue
slowly eastward today. Strong to gale force northwesterlies over
northern waters will diminish tonight in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: