Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NST 23 February 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Monday afternoon. Wind veering to south 25 Monday evening.
Flurries tonight. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 3 becoming minus 11 to minus 3 overnight rising to zero Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4515N 6040W to 4535N 5740W to 4710N 5815W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white
ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5242W to 4748N 4725W to 4900N 4645W to 5045N 4720W to 5400N
5000W to 6230N 5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 23 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. NST today trough located over southeastern Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Monday departing trough located east of Funk
At 10:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:37 AM NST 23 February 2020 A trough of low pressure over Labrador will cross Belle Isle Bank
this afternoon before departing out to sea tonight. Strong
southwesterlies are expected ahead of the trough over most waters.
Winds will veer to strong to gale force northwesterlies over
northeastern waters behind it.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: