Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 20 October 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots increasing to south 35 this morning with gusts to 45 along the Newfoundland coast. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 after midnight and to variable 10 to 15 Sunday morning.
Rain beginning this morning and ending Sunday afternoon. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 October 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5620W to 5030N 5400W to 5200N 5100W to 5430N 5100W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5155N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 03:00 AM NDT 20 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 20 October 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over western Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located southeast of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM NDT 20 October 2018 A trough of low pressure over Western Quebec will gradually move to
lie over the Gulf of St. Lawrence tonight. Gale force southerlies
will develop over Gulf waters this morning and spread across the rest
of the district by tonight ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- West Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: