Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:30 PM NST 25 February 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 10 to 15 knots late overnight then backing to north 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Wednesday evening.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 10 to minus 4 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 25 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4530N
5955W to 4520N 5750W to 4640N 5800W to 4725N 5820W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
2 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths
grey-white ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 25 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4730N 5240W to 4715N 4635W to 4910N 4525W to 5400N 5000W to 6000N
5830W to 6230N 5430W to 5900N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 3:30 PM NST 25 February 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 25 February 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. NST today low 1006 mb located southeast of the
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing low 1008 mb located east of
the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday approaching low 1008 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:19 PM NST 25 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf - Port au Port, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and
Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: