Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 21 April 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 late overnight and to northwest 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Flurries ending Sunday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 April 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4535N 6040W to 4530N
5840W to 4600N 5805W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5915W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4703N 5258W to 4615N 4700W to 4615N 4600W to 4730N 4500W to 4815N
4500W to 5100N 4700W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 21 April 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 991 mb located over Belle Isle Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 988 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM NDT 21 April 2018 A low pressure system over the Belle Isle Bank will track slowly
eastward out of the district tonight. Gale force northwesterly winds
will develop over northern waters tonight in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Strait of Belle Isle and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: