Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 19 August 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon then veering to west 15 this evening. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 Saturday morning.
Showers ending Saturday morning. Risk of thunderstorms early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 18 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4911N 5354W to 5040N 4840W to 5640N 4920W to 5850N 5550W to 5955N
5240W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5842W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5720W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 19 August 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located west of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located southeast of the Grand
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Belle Isle Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT today departing ridge located over Belle Isle
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM NDT 19 August 2022 A trough of low pressure southwest of the marine district will cross
the Grand Banks today. Strong to gale force southwesterly winds are
forecast ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: