Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind east 15 to 20 knots increasing to east 25 early this morning then backing to northeast 30 near noon. Wind backing to north 25 near noon Saturday then diminishing to north 15 Saturday evening.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday. Outside the ice edge seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 early this evening then subsiding to 1 to 2 Saturday afternoon.
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023
Sunday Wind northeast 15 knots.
Monday Wind north 20 knots.
Tuesday Wind north 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice along parts of the Quebec coast. 9 plus tenths grey-white ice along parts of the coast of Port Au Port Bay. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the Quebec coast.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice along parts of the Quebec
coast. 9 plus tenths grey-white ice along parts of the coast of Port
Au Port Bay. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the Quebec
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4530N 5510W to 4425N 4600W to 4725N 4400W to 5835N
5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5850N 4755W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6050W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5810W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today deepening low 996 mb located near Nova
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 980 mb located over the southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM NDT 24 March 2023 A deepening low pressure system over Nova Scotia will track south of
Newfoundland today and slowly move across the Grand Banks on
Saturday. Gale to storm force southeast to northeasterly winds will
develop today ahead of the low before shifting to strong to gale
force north to northwesterly winds in its wake. Strong to gale force
west to southwesterly winds are expected over the Southern Grand
Banks tonight and Saturday, south of the track of the low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the Grand Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for Southwest Coast,
South Coast, East Coast, Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south,
and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: