Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NST 26 November 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 late overnight then veering to south 30 Saturday afternoon.
Scattered showers and fog patches ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 26 November 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Nov estimated from Newfoundland near
5106N 5543W to 5130N 5430W to 5430N 4945W to 5600N 4945W to 5745N
5715W to 6050N 6015W to 6205N 5355W to 5910N 4710W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Nov estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5651W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5639W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 26 November 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 996 mb located over the southeastern
By 10:00 a.m. NST Saturday weakening low 1002 mb located over Funk
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Saturday trough located on a line east-west over
the Strait of Belle Isle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:44 PM NST 26 November 2021 A low pressure system over Southeastern Grand Banks will move to lie
northeast of the marine district by Saturday afternoon and weaken.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to
moderate to strong westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Funk Island Bank, Northern Grand Banks, and Southeastern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: