Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 20 March 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind west 20 knots veering to northwest 15 late overnight then diminishing to light near noon Wednesday. Wind becoming northeast 15 Wednesday evening.
Flurries ending Wednesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 4 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths grey-white ice including a trace of
first-year ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4653N 5409W to 4530N 5330W to 4500N 4745W to 4515N 4530W to 4800N
4600W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5724W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 20 March 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 991 mb located over southeastern
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low 1001 mb located east of
Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday approaching trough located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:23 PM NDT 20 March 2018 A warm front will approach the marine district from the southwest on
Wednesday. Strong to gale force east to southeasterlies will develop
over southern waters late in the day Wednesday ahead of this feature.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: