Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 May 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southerly 20 to 25 knots this evening then diminishing to light Thursday morning. Wind becoming easterly 15 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 4:11 PM EDT 24 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4640N 4700W to 4720N 4545W to 4845N 4545W to 5110N
4715W to 5715N 5040W to 5620N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 25 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 25 May 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from the Maritimes to
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located from Long
Island to the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday approaching low 1006 mb located over
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: