Gulf - Magdalen
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 23 September 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 20 to 25 knots except west 15 over southwestern sections this evening. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 near midnight then becoming variable 15 Sunday evening.
Scattered showers ending this evening.
Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5145N 4930W to 5345N 5015W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - MagdalenIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 September 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located from the Gulf of Maine to
East Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday weakening ridge located from New Brunswick
to Laurentian Fan.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday trough located over Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located southwest of the Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Sunday trough located on a line east-west over
the southwestern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:16 PM ADT 23 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information:
At 3:00 P.M. ADT tropical storm Ophelia was located near 36.2 north
and 77.3 west, or about 80 miles east northeast of Raleigh
North Carolina. Maximum sustained winds were 40 knots and the
Minimum central pressure was 993 MB. Ophelia was moving north
At 11 knots.
Ophelia is not expected to impact Canadian territory at this point.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank - eastern half
- LaHave Bank - western half
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: