Issued 03:00 AM ADT 17 August 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southerly 10 to 15 knots this evening and to south 20 Saturday morning. Wind becoming north 20 Saturday afternoon.
Rain and fog patches beginning Saturday morning and ending Saturday evening with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 03:00 AM ADT 17 August 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 17 August 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the southeastern Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1010 mb located over southern Ontario.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday low 1007 mb located over Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM ADT 17 August 2018 At 11:00 P.M. AST on Thursday, subtropical storm Ernesto was located
near latitude 44.1 north and longitude 38.9 west. The maximum
sustained winds were 40 knots and minimum central pressure was 1007
millibars. Ernesto was tracking northeast at approximately 20 knots.
This will be the last message regarding Ernesto as it has moved out
of our region.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: