Issued 10:00 AM AST 13 December 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 knots increasing to southwesterly 35 this evening then diminishing to west 25 to 30 Thursday afternoon.
A few showers changing to flurries early this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray overnight and Thursday.
Temperatures plus 9 falling to minus 3 after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 13 December 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 10:00 AM AST 13 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 13 December 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today deepening low 986 mb located over Maine.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday low 959 mb located over western Labrador.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday low located southwest of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday low located over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:53 AM AST 13 December 2017 A low pressure system over Maine will continue to deepen as it tracks
northeastward to lie over Western Labrador by Thursday morning.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to
gale to possible storm force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Gulf Magdalen - northeastern half and Anticosti.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
In addition, marine interests are advised that higher than normal
waters levels can be expected at high tide along the Atlantic Coast
of Nova Scotia and the Northern Gulf of St. Lawrence today.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: