Issued 10:00 AM ADT 24 October 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots becoming westerly 10 to 15 this afternoon then increasing to north 25 this evening. Wind north 20 to 25 Sunday.
Fog patches forming early this evening and dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 October 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 October 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Labrador to Prince
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today Hurricane Epsilon 972 mb located at 38.8N
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday Hurricane Epsilon 974 mb located at
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:57 AM ADT 24 October 2020 At 6:00 A.M. ADT, hurricane epsilon was located near latitude 36.9
north and longitude 62.0 west or approximately 710 nautical miles
southwest of Cape Race. Maximum sustained winds were estimated at 65
knots and central pressure at 972 MB. Epsilon is moving
north-northeast at 10 knots.
Epsilon will begin to turn northeast and accelerate today. It will
pass through the Southern Grand Banks on Sunday as a hurricane or a
very powerful post-tropical storm.
Strong to gale force easterlies are expected to develop over southern
waters as hurricane epsilon passes to the south of the marine
district. Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop behind
it. Storm force winds are possible over Laurentian Fan as the winds
shift to the northwest early Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, and
Anticosti - western half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: