Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 September 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 overnight and to light Thursday afternoon.
Showers ending this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 03:00 AM ADT 19 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 19 September 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1003 mb located over northern East
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1004 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday departing low located south of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday ridge located north of the Marine
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM ADT 19 September 2018 A low pressure system over Northern East Scotian Slope this morning
will continue to track eastward across the southern marine waters
today. Strong southwesterlies are forecast south of the low with
strong to gale force northeasterlies north of it. Winds are expected
to slowly diminish on Thursday at the low pulls away from the region.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, and Cabot
Strait southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: