Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming northerly 15 knots late this afternoon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind increasing to north 15 Friday morning and to north 20 near noon Friday. Wind diminishing to light Friday evening.
Rain beginning this afternoon changing to a few showers and a few flurries Friday morning and ending near noon Friday. A few showers Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 April 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4535N 6040W to 4530N
5840W to 4600N 5805W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5915W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 03:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line east-west over
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 998 mb located southwest of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 995 mb located near Sable Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM ADT 19 April 2018 A low pressure system will approach the district from the west this
afternoon and move to lie over Banquereau by Friday morning. Strong
to gale force southwesterlies will develop south of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
southern half of Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, east Scotian
Slope and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: