Issued 03:00 AM ADT 26 September 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly 30 knots diminishing to northerly 20 Thursday morning and to northeast 15 Thursday afternoon.
Periods of rain and fog patches ending Thursday morning. Risk of thunderstorms tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 03:00 AM ADT 26 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 26 September 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing high located over the eastern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1001 mb located near the Great Lakes.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 980 mb located over northern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:41 AM ADT 26 September 2018 A low pressure system north of the Great Lakes will deepen today as
it moves northeastward across Quebec. Gale force southerlies are
expected for Gulf of St. Lawrence waters in association with this
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: