Issued 10:00 AM ADT 26 April 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots veering to southwest 25 early this evening then backing to south 20 near midnight. Wind veering to southwest 20 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 15 Friday afternoon.
Rain with a risk of thunderstorms changing to rain or drizzle early this evening and ending this evening. Fog patches dissipating early Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4610N 5950W to 4640N
5930W to 4840N 6115W to 5010N 5845W to 4755N 5940W to 4650N 5840W to
Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 10:00 AM ADT 26 April 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 26 April 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1000 mb located over southern Maine.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 994 mb located over central Labrador
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday approaching low located over the Great
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:38 AM ADT 26 April 2018 A low pressure system near Southern Maine will track northeastward
To lie north of New Brunswick tonight. Strong south to
southeasterlies ahead of this system will reach gale force over
southern slope waters today and tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank-southern half, West Scotian Slope-southern half, and
East Scotian Slope-southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: