Issued 03:00 AM ADT 23 April 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 knots diminishing to west 25 to 30 this morning and to west 20 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 April 2021 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 03:00 AM ADT 23 April 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 23 April 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today weakening low 978 mb located over the
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 988 mb located northeast of Anticosti
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing low located south of Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:36 AM ADT 23 April 2021 A weakening low pressure system over the Gaspé Peninsula will slowly
move to lie northeast of Anticosti Island this evening and will move
northeast of the marine district on Saturday. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will gradually diminish tonight and Saturday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Banquereau - southeastern half and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: