Issued 10:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeast 15 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to southwest 15 early Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres subsiding to 1 or less this afternoon.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
Wednesday Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 25 in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots.
Friday Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to northeast 20.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5045N 5901W to Newfoundland near
5050N 5703W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing cold front located over the
southeastern Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:53 AM ADT 29 May 2023 A cold front over the southeastern marine district at forecast time
will track east of the district by this afternoon.
Strong southwesterly winds ahead of the front shift to strong to gale
force northerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: