Issued 03:30 PM AST 19 February 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 25 after midnight. Wind southwest 20 to 25 Tuesday.
A few showers and fog patches beginning after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4530N
5750W to 4700N 5750W to 4715N 5655W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 February 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4825N 5309W to 4745N 4900W to 5015N 4715W to 5115N 4715W to 5400N
5015W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Feb estimated from Newfoundland
near 5134N 5600W to the Labrador coast near 5154N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 19 February 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located from Newfoundland to East
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located from the Avalon
Peninsula to Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday trough located over the Gulf of
By 3:30 p.m. AST Tuesday trough located from Grand Manan to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:27 PM AST 19 February 2018 A trough of low pressure descending from Labrador will move to lie
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence by Tuesday morning. Over open water
freezing spray for eastern sections of Anticosti is expected to
develop Tuesday afternoon as moderate northeasterlies develop in the
wake of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: