Issued 03:30 PM ADT 25 June 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind westerly 20 to 25 knots veering to northwest 25 to 30 early this evening then to north 20 to 25 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to north 15 to 20 near noon Tuesday then backing to west 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers ending late overnight. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 June 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4706N 5507W to 4600N 5315W to 4700N 4715W to 4800N 4615W to 5700N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5029N 5947W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5827W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 25 June 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today deepening low 1002 mb located near Sable
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 992 mb located over Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday departing low 990 mb located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:17 PM ADT 25 June 2018 A low pressure system near Sable Island will slowly track eastward
across Banquereau tonight and Tuesday morning before moving away from
the dsitrict later on Tuesday. Strong to gale force northeasterly
winds will develop north of the low while strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected behind it. Westerly gales developing
south of the low on Tuesday could be close to storm force at times.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait - eastern half
and Gulf-Magdalen - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: