Issued 03:30 PM ADT 16 July 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 15 knots late overnight and to southwest 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon. Wind backing to south 20 to 25 Tuesday evening.
A few showers beginning Tuesday afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog banks over northern sections overnight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 16 July 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4724N 5242W to 4715N 4715W to 4800N 4615W to 5230N 4830W to 5700N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5055N 5859W to Newfoundland near 5015N 5733W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 16 July 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1007 mb located southwest of Laurentian
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing low 1010 mb located north
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over New England.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: