Issued 03:00 AM ADT 07 July 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northeasterly 15 knots diminishing to light this afternoon then becoming south 15 Wednesday evening.
Showers and fog patches ending this morning. Showers Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 July 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4550N 5335W to 4550N 5150W to 4710N 4445W to 4840N
4410W to 5400N 4840W to 5900N 5730W to 6110N 5330W to 5710N 4600W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5726W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 7 July 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over New Brunswick.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from the Gulf of Maine to
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located from the Avalon Peninsula
to Sable Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:47 PM ADT 6 July 2020 At 6 PM ADT post-tropical storm Edouard was located near
Latitude 42.7 north and longitude 46.0 west, about 300 nautical miles
or 555 kilometres east-southeast of Cape Race, Newfoundland. Maximum
sustained winds were 40 knots and the central pressure was 1005 MB.
The motion was northeast at 33 knots. Edouard is quickly moving away
from Canadian waters this evening and this will consequently be the
last advisory on this post-tropical storm.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: