Issued 08:00 PM ADT 19 September 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to north 15 to 20 knots late overnight then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 September 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday ridge located on a line east-west over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:43 PM ADT 19 September 2020 Hurricane Teddy is forecast to impact the marine areas on Tuesday and
into Wednesday. It is still relatively early and the timing,
intensity, and track are likely to change. At this time, it is
expected to bring strong winds and high waves beginning early Tuesday
over southern waters.
At 9.00 PM ADT, hurricane Teddy was located near latitude 27.0 north
and longitude 60.1 west , about 400 nautical miles southeast of
Bermuda. Maximum sustained winds are estimated at 105 knots and
central pressure at 958 MB. Teddy is moving northwest at 13 knots.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: