Issued 03:30 PM ADT 30 September 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 30 knots with gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 after midnight then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 September 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 September 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary high located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today intensifying low 979 mb located southwest
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday departing low 962 mb located northeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:27 PM ADT 30 September 2020 A low pressure system southwest of Labrador will intensify as it
tracks over Western Labrador this evening and into the Northwest
Labrador Sea Thursday morning. Strong to gale force southerlies are
forecast over the central and northern marine district and should
diminish overnight into Thursday as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou
- eastern half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: