Issued 10:00 AM ADT 19 September 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this afternoon then becoming northeast 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 19 September 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing trough located east of Laurentian
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday ridge located on a line east-west over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 AM ADT 19 September 2020 A trough southwest to northeast through Laurentian Fan will pass east
of the district by this afternoon. Gale force southwesterlies ahead
of the trough will also end by this afternoon.
Late on Sunday winds may increase to gale force northeasterlies over
southernmost waters as a system approaches from the south.
Marine interest are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: