Issued 08:00 PM ADT 21 March 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 30 knots increasing to northeast 35 late this evening. Wind northeast 35 Thursday.
Snow beginning after midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 8:00 PM ADT 21 March 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 21 March 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 993 mb located south of Long Island.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 991 mb located southwest of Georges
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday warm front from low located south of
the Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday warm front from low located from Georges
Bank to Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:53 PM ADT 21 March 2018 A warm front associated with an approaching low pressure system will
move into the southern marine district tonight before tracking
northward on Thursday. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds north
of the front will spread to most of the district by Thursday morning
and switch to strong to gale force southwesterly winds in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
marine waters except for Chaleur-Miscou - western half, and Anticosti
- northwestern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: