Issued 10:00 AM AST 16 December 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northerly 20 knots backing to northwest 25 this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 15 Sunday evening.
A few flurries ending Sunday evening.
Risk of freezing spray tonight and Sunday.
Temperatures near minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 December 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 16 December 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 988 mb located over
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying low 962 mb located east of
the Avalon Peninsula.
At 3:30 p.m. AST Sunday approaching ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:50 AM AST 16 December 2017 A low pressure system over the Laurentian Fan will move to lie east
of Newfoundland this evening. Strong to gale force northeasterlies
ahead of the low will shift to gale to storm force northwesterlies in
its wake. Winds will diminish later today as the low pulls away.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope - eastern half, Banquereau - southeastern half and
Laurentian Fan. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters
except Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, southwestern shore, Sable -
western half and eastern shore - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Cabot Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: