Issued 08:00 PM AST 18 February 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 25 knots becoming west 20 to 25 late overnight then increasing to westerly 25 to 30 Wednesday morning.
Snow changing to rain after midnight and ending Wednesday morning. Flurries Wednesday late in the day. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Low tonight zero. High Wednesday plus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4530N 5940W to 4605N 5815W to 4715N 5900W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Open water except 3 tenths grey ice in the extreme eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 18 February 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located over Laurentian
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying trough located near Cape Cod.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday intensifying trough located from
Anticosti Island to East Scotian Slope.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday departing trough located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:44 PM AST 18 February 2020 A trough will approach from the west to lie over New England this
evening. This trough will push eastward across the district on
Wednesday. Winds will increase to strong to storm force southerlies
ahead of the trough. Strong to gale force westerlies will develop in
the wake of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan and Cabot Strait - southern half.
Gale warnings are in effect for all other waters except Fundy and
Northumberland Strait - western half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Cabot Strait, Gulf -
Magdalen - northeastern half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: